CE marking comes from the words initials “Conformité Européenne”. It is the “passport” for the legitimate marketing and use of a large number of products in all EU Member States. This includes construction products that are covered by European harmonized standards or conformed to European Technical Assessments.
CE marking indicates that the construction products are produced and tested in accordance with European harmonized standards.
CE marking certifies that the construction products information was declared in accordance with Regulation (EU) 305/2011, therefore is considered to be accurate and reliable for the products free marketing. That means, construction products, bearing CE marking with their declared performance meeting national construction regulations, can be used on construction works without further approval and testing.
CE marking cannot be considered a quality label.
CE marking does not necessarily mean that the product is suitable for use on all Member States, since it is subject to the national technical regulations of each Member State.
How to reproduce CE mark?
1. The CE marking consists of the initials “CE” and meets the requirements of Directive 93/68 / EEC, in the following form:
2. If the CE marking is reduced or enlarged the proportions given in the above graduated drawing must be respected.
3. The various components of the CE marking must have substantially the same vertical dimension, which may not be less than 5 mm.
Β. CE MARKING CONTENT OF CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS
1. CE marking must comply with the requirements of Articles 8 and 9 of Regulation (EU) 305/2011.
2. CE marking should be in a language easily understood in Greece, therefore the information of CE marking according to paragraph 2 of Article 9 of Regulation (EU) No 305/2011, is recommended to be provided in Greek.
3. For further information see chapter 2.3.2 “CE marking” of the following booklet: CE Marking Step by Step